Friday, January 29, 2010

friday update

Yvonne has had a week of ups and downs and expereinced some breakthrough pain. This has now been sorted out with increased medication. She also accepted the offer of marie Curie night nurses for a couple of nights this week which she felt would make Margaret feel more relaxed about things. However last night (Thursday) we returned to the rota and I was able to spend a little time with Yvonne.
She still continutes to amaze me. She had thought that the central heating boiler sounded a bit funny - (no one else had noticed) so she drew a little techinical diagram to illustrate what she thought might be the problem. The boiler repair man arrived to take a look and found she was absolutely right in every respect!
Thursday night was a comfortable one and when I left this morning Yvonne was ready to sleep for a while after the nurses had made their morning visit.
As expected more time is now spent resting and visits are being kept to a real minimum.
Her flat looks and smells wonderful thanks to all the beautiful flowers that have been sent. They are much appreciated as are the entries on the blog and the cards and letters.
Annie Friday 29th January

5 comments:

  1. I am sending every possible positive thought from the bottom of my heart and thinking of Yvonne. Good to hear that the medication is making her feel comfortable.

    Lots of love,

    Tuula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who else would know the ins and out of a boiler just from the sound.......Truly amazing.
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, thinking of you and I'm glad to hear that you are more comfortable. Sending best wishes and love, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne,

    I was just thinking about the fun we had setting up the studio. I can always remember you painting the walls white, whislt wearing just your bra and dungarees- well it was very hot!

    We've had some good times- at work, in the studio but especially at the art trail. We were never short of cleaning products or pastries thanks to you x I have really missed these times since moving away.

    Your creativity has always been such an inspiration- thank you.

    I wanted you to know that you are often in my thoughts- I send you lots of love x x x, and hope that you are as comfortable as possible

    love
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped in to see Von on Tuesday. She'd had a really bad day & when Chris answered the door she said she wasn't really up to visitors. But when Vob heard it was me she called out that she wanted a hug. The nurses had just washed her hair & it looked glorious & vibrant. We hugge & had small talk then I said I should leave her & she asked if she could stroke my hair & face for memories.

    I've known Von ever since she started here at the college and it was down to her & Jen Cashman that I got through my divorce and came out the other side a stronger & way, way more chilled person. Thank you for being my friend Von, we miss you so much around the college.

    Dan asks about you & every pancake day Leanne reminds me of the one we spent with you, Annie, Jen & Margaret - what a hoot

    All my love and prayers go to you, Jeanette x

    ReplyDelete